Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there... I'm a college student in Northern California. Not sure if I'm suffering from social anxiety exactly, but regardless...I'm sick of being impaired like I am and I'm trying to find solutions. Ever since I was young I've been impossibly shy and had troubles with body image and self-esteem. My mother suffers from extreme social anxiety (hasn't had a job in almost 20 years, doesn't drive, rarely leaves the house) but I seem to be the only child who takes after her =/

I just have extreme difficulties communicating...sometimes I seriously feel like I'm speaking gibberish to people, and that they just pretend to understand me out of politeness. I have a hard time taking praise/compliments/kind words at face value, and I just feel so self-conscious in the presence of people I'm not close to. More and more, I find myself avoiding the company of people, and its frustrating - this is not how I envisioned my college experience! But I'm determined to change this all somehow...I'm excited to start posting here and talk to other people who can relate!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hi emilia welcome to the forum. It probably is social anxiety but it will be very good to talk to other people on the forum about your situations:)

·
Registered
116 Posts
welcome! i'm glad you're working to end SA before it becomes a big problem. i live in PDX and im dealing with similar issues. good luck

·
Banned
177,223 Posts
Hey emilia :wel

·
Registered
154,233 Posts
Welcome, Emilia! :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts