Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Administrator
3,121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Meet with other local people who suffer from extreme shyness or social phobia. Offer support and understanding and share your story with others. Learn and practice the skills it takes to over come your challenges not just with society but all so yourself.

More Info: http://shyness.meetup.com/109/

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
i just joined!

weeee!:clap:banana

·
Registered
33 Posts
hopefulhere, these are the details and it starts at 2 pm
Citigroup Center's Lower Level Atrium
Lexington Ave & East 53 St, North-East corner
New York, NY 10022

·
Registered
11 Posts
I joined that meetup ages ago but have yet to find the courage to attend one of the events. Does anyone want to meet up separately? I find it much easier to meet one or two people at a time, rather than going into a big group of people where I don't know anyone. If someone would be willing to meet up separately, then we can go to the group meeting together and it'd be less overwhelming.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey, this is my first post and I found this page via google search. Do these groups help deal with public speaking? I cannot stress how fearful I am of situations where I have to speak in front of groups of people

·
Registered
2 Posts
I joined that meetup ages ago but have yet to find the courage to attend one of the events. Does anyone want to meet up separately? I find it much easier to meet one or two people at a time, rather than going into a big group of people where I don't know anyone. If someone would be willing to meet up separately, then we can go to the group meeting together and it'd be less overwhelming.
Im open to help offer and recieve some support. Although I think your fear is stronger than mine, I dont have trouble meeting new people, I am fearful of situations where I get put on the spot, such as reading something aloud to a class, etc.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts