Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think I would like to learn a language. I'd like to learn one of the romance languages (French, Italian, Spanish). When I was in High School I took French for three years. It didn't interest me at the time, but later on I realized I had an interest in languages. But I think I'll go with Spanish. If I study that 3 hrs a week, in a year that will be 150 hrs. I could probably speak it fairly well at that point, or at least I would have basic

I think I need to focus on using relaxation techniques. Some things like meditation, EFT, listening to white noise and other relaxing music, can be quite helpful in calming an anxious mind. I should stop drinking coffee.

I'd like to make sure to read 25 books. Last year I set that goal and ended up reading 13. Oh well. I always get sidetracked. I need to focus.

But the crucial goal is to overcome my social anxiety. That should be my primary concern. I'm terrified to even try. I just work through the week and spend my nights and weekends alone in my apartment. I just need to get more at ease with talking to people. But I'll have to take the initiative.

I'm sure I can come up with some other stuff but I'll just stick with that for now. I know if I actually stick to any of these things I can make a lot of progress. A year is a long time, but I need to be focused and organized. I feel like I can't waste another year.

I realize this post might have a bit of a rambling quality to it.

Anyone else?

·
Banned
1,634 Posts
To gradually spend less time here until it only takes up 10% of my week instead of 90%.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Less clutter & a higher fitness level for this man.

·
Registered
647 Posts
My resolution is to stop letting fear and lack of self esteem rule my life. I feel that at this point it's either do or die for me. Either I climb out of this rut, or let myself get squirrelier and even more neurotic and blow my brains out.

·
Walking in the light
3,662 Posts
I didn't make any resolutions in the general sense. I would like to make some life style changes that are tangible and concrete.

·
Registered
259 Posts
This year I will become more confident and relaxed. I will finally get back to my old self, which I have almost forgotten what it was like.

I will stop my fear of making mistakes/getting criticized & rejected/getting embarrassed from dictating my life.

I will make my business more successful and generate more income.

In addition, I will travel more this year - possibly to South America :) I will study Spanish.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts