Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. My name's Russell. I'm 17 years old and whatnot. I was looking around Google when I found this place, read a few posts, and decided to register. I suppose the reason for my registration is that I often do feel nervous and shy around people, or when I'm in big places full of people. I just can't help but think negative and worried thoughts, regardless of how much I, or my parents, or friends, or anyone really, try to cheer me up. I've actually gotten into many arguments with my parents thanks to this, they seem to think I'm putting on some kind of dramatic show. They'll tell me that I should just step out that door, take in the damn sunshine, and go make friends or get a girl friend or something. But I really do have a hard time doing that. I'm going to submit this new thread now.

·
Registered
1,475 Posts
Hi Russell, welcome to the forums, you'll love it here :)

I've gone through the same as you. People don't understand what its like to be the way we are, unless they've been through it themselves. People can be irritating when they treat social anxiety as something you can just snap out of, but i've learnt you have to forgive them their ignorance, it must be hard for them to truly understand us.

I hope posting here, and reading other posts, will help you to find ways of overcoming your anxiety. It really does help to know that so many other people are experiencing similar feelings, and that we are all here to help each other.

Steve

·
Lost
275 Posts
Hey Russell. Welcome to the forum, I hope you can find some comfort here, if not with your parents :)

·
Banned
177,223 Posts
Hey Russell :wels

·
Banned
38,431 Posts
:wel

·
Registered
784 Posts
Hi, it's great that you're finding help. I didn't even know what social anxiety was until my 20s, even though I knew a lot of shy people and I was the worst case of anyone I knew. Hope to hear more from you.

·
Registered
154,235 Posts
Welcome, Money! :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts