Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I didn't always have social anxiety. I actually used to be really care free through high school. Anxiety didn't exist in my world back then. I had a few close friends and a huge number of acquaintances. You could say that I was sort of a class clown; I loved making people smile. I miss those days.

Now my best friend is Adderall and I spend my days studying. My life consists of going to class and then returning to my apartment.

The result of Adderall in my life?

The good stuff: I have a 4.0 GPA and have guaranteed a high-paying job after I graduate.

The bad stuff: I have no friends, crippling social anxiety and a feeling of hopelessness that follows me everywhere. I feel like I sacrificed my humanity to be successful. It really scares me to think that days go by where I don't even hear my voice because I don't talk to anybody. The sad thing is that my family is so proud of me for what I have done academically, but they have no idea that I have zero social interaction in my life.

eh, I have more to say, but since this is only an introduction I'll cut it off here.

Glad to be here :)

- Tomasso

·
Registered
154,235 Posts
Welcome, Tomasso! :)

·
Registered
35 Posts
Hi Tomasso:) Welcome to the forum:)

·
Banned