Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I'm a 27 y/o F and new to online forums. I've always felt awkward meeting new people and being in certain social situations (mostly academic situations) and never knew what to attribute that to. I was severely bullied growing up and I think those years have followed me into my adulthood.

I always seem to put others on a pedestal and automatically believe they are somehow "better" than me. I think people pick up on this and it affects my relationships with them. I have always been shy, kept my opinions to myself, and friendships do not come easily. I wish I could say I don't care what people think of me, but being paranoid that people are always talking about me when I'm not around makes that almost impossible.

My biggest issue (among many) is that I have never been able to stand up for myself. And when I try, I feel its always wrong, I feel guilty and am afraid I just made a grave mistake and I will lose all my friends (because of the talking behind my back). It sounds so childish. Anyway, I came here to see if I can start to turn my SA around not let it hold me back anymore.

·
Registered
154,233 Posts
Welcome, Bmoney! :)

·
Banned
177,223 Posts
Hey bmoney welcome. :hyper

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.