Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Cinderella
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am probably old enough be the mother (or grandmother) of most of the members here. I have suffered with SA my entire life but ended up with a pretty good life in spite of it. You "younger peeps" are fortunate to have this forum, modern drugs and awareness of SA to help you cope. Until recently, I thought that I was the only one with this problem.

My advice is to set high standards for yourself and never settle for less than you deserve. I was so lonely in college that I dated the worst guy on campus just so I could have someone to eat with in the dining hall. This really limited my ability to meet any great guys (which I eventually did but that is another story.)

And, at times "fake it till you make it". Observe people you admire and try using some of their expressions or mannerisms. After a while your habits will change and you will be better perceived by others.

Even though my life is still painful at times and I still have SA, my resolve to keep on keeping on has helped.

·
Banned
1,634 Posts
welcome cinderella.....but hey I was that "worst" guy you dated in college...and I have fond memories of you...I'm so deflated...

·
Registered
154,233 Posts
Welcome, Cinderella36 !:)

·
Banned
177,223 Posts
Hey Cinderella36 welcome. :hyper

·
Registered
2,470 Posts
Welcome!
I look forward to hearing about your experiences :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts