Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm using my phone because I don't have my laptop, so I will keep this short.I have been diagnosed with an anxiety disorder and panic disorder for about 2 years now.although the VA takes care of me financially, lately I feel likeI'm not getting the emotional and therapeutic help that I need. I've been digging around this site a little bit and it seems that there are tons of people out there just liked me.

I've lost count of how many times I've been to the emergency room for panic attacks, chest pains, trouble breathing, etc. A few abnormal ekg tests have not helped the situation any. Emergency room doctors say it is nothing to worry about, but my regular doctor has set me up for a few heart tests this month for piece of mind. I've already done the usual UGI, x-rays, blood work, and ekg tests. (Ekg tests are normal most of the time. ..have had about 20 this year)

The past two weeks have been worse than ever. I've had three panic attacks, one of which was bad enough to drain all the blood from my extremities where they couldn't even get an IV in. And in between attacks, pretty much on a 24/7 basis, I'm having trouble breathing and chest pain right in the center. I've been under tons of stress lately, so I think that is where this spurt of anxiety this time has come from.

I guess I didn't keep this short after all. Anyway, I wanted to say hi and I am very excited to find a group of people and feel the same way I do.

·
Registered
154,235 Posts
Welcome, AnxiousBatchelor! :)

·
SUS Member
10,644 Posts
Hi AnxiousBatchelor,

I don't have it as bad as you, but I've been to the ER twice in the last five years for chest pains. I literally thought I was going to die, but both times the chest pains stopped the moment they hooked me up to the heart monitor. My last doctor said I had some "elevated" something or other but that it wasn't bad enough to worry about and sent me home. You're not alone!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts