Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found this site this morning and it is exactly what I need. I have suffered social anxiety since my early teens, maybe sooner. I have felt misunderstood a large part of my life. What breaks my heart the most is two of my son's have this too. One is much more severe than mine ever was. My mom suffered from this too. I have found many times folks diagnosed with ADD also have SAS. I think ADD is a blanket term for a lot of different disorders.

What stresses me the most is not understanding what exactly it is I do that seems to really rub some people the wrong way. I try very hard to be a compassionate, kind person. I have spent a large part of my adult life (I'm in my late 40's) working on self improvement. I have come a LONG way but still hurt a lot from the way I am treated sometimes. Is it common with SAD to be hyper sensative? My feelings are hurt very easily. Part of the problem is I'm too self focused at times. When I focus on the needs of others I am so much better off. Unfortunately at times this is at the expense of my own needs. I have a difficult time finding a balance.

Anyway, I hope to learn a lot from this site and hopefully can offer some insight as well.

·
Registered
529 Posts
Hi beebs :wel

"Is it common with SAD to be hyper sensative? My feelings are hurt very easily. Part of the problem is I'm too self focused at times. When I focus on the needs of others I am so much better off. Unfortunately at times this is at the expense of my own needs. I have a difficult time finding a balance."
That certainly describes me. I'm 40 by the way & have read or listened to a lot of self help over the years. Although no therapy or meds yet. Just joined too.

Again welcome beebs

·
Banned
177,222 Posts
Hey beebs welcome. :)

·
Registered
154,228 Posts
Welcome, Beebs! :)

·
Banned
1 Posts
Wow, I couldn't have explained it better! I do not have any kids, but I can see how your anxiety must be even WORSE cuz you have kids. Props to all the people with SA who are able to handle the added stress of having children! Welcome to SAS!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.