Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi my name is Malique and since about 8th grade, I've been getting extremely nervous and sweaty when I think of having to talk to new people. This has effected my life very negatively and it needs to stop! I'm in 11th grade now and I've been seeing people on Facebook from my school (that i talked to in middle school) having fun, going on roadtrips, movies with 10+ people, parties, fishing..etc. and it's really gotten me down and i think i might even be depressed. All I've been doing is playing basketball alone, watch TV, and sleep for the past 3 years. Earlier today i got so sad and angry that i almost wanted to kill myself. I went for a walk and calmed down.....and here i am. Hi.

·
Registered
154,234 Posts
Welcome, Malique24! :)

·
Cut Above
1,827 Posts
It's tough when it feels like all your friends are successful but you.
I've experienced something similar once.

:wel to :sas

·
Banned
77 Posts
Welcome, I know what you mean. I have gone through similar things, but don't feel like you are alone because you aren't. If you ever need to talk you can always send me a message, don't hesitate :)

·
Banned
177,223 Posts
Hey Malique, welcome to :sas

·
Registered
71 Posts
Hey, welcome! I'm glad going for a walk was able to level you out. Physical activities are great for the midst of an anxiety attack. I like to do really challenging exercises when I'm going to a dark place emotionally. Good luck in your endeavors! :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts