Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
2,331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm still practicing so I used the basic structure of a song I really like.

All this time I could never believe it
Never believe it
All the things I saw that were actually me
The endless loop that would set me free
The thought of it now is filled with my hope
Clinging to the end of this infinite rope

[Chorus:]
I was far too focused on finding my answer
The blinding light that would prevent my disaster
But it was right here in front of me all of this time
You always did try to hint at how love can't rewind

Praying to my own God denying myself
Sacrificing my pride way up on a shelf
But it was all too easy for everyone else to see
And when they finally did it must have blinded me

I'm not even surprised by the way you showed it to me
I don't even regret my self inflicted insanity
Even as I cried during the dark soul of the night
I knew it was a fever that would break with your light
And I don't need a pardon for every bad thing I've done
What I wanted most of all was to give the world my son

·
Banned
2,331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
^ I did a bunch of editing last night and re-posted it. It was kind of funny when I asked my little brother to write some music for it. He starts talking all professional like, and asks me "do you want it sort of heavy electric, or more of an acoustic style?" He's only 13, lol. I think he was just showing off, so I told him to try both and then I'd decide. :b

Anyway, I'm curious if anyone will take a guess at what the meaning of this song is. It's not for my own ego, but actually to help me see how the lyrics come across to other people and help me figure out what musical style will fit with it best.

Any opinion is fine. It is meant to be a little ambiguous, so don't worry about sounding stupid or whatever.

·
Born Of Blotmonað
19,177 Posts
It seems to me to be a song of finding ones way & how we often look beyond the solutions that would guide us where we would like to be. As for the musical style, that's hard to say, if I was working on the music to back it I would have you sing it the way you hum it in your head & then go from there

·
Banned
2,331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It seems to me to be a song of finding ones way & how we often look beyond the solutions that would guide us where we would like to be.
That is a correct interpretation, even though it's not the way that I prefer to perceive it. ;):)

If nobody guesses how I personally read it before long, I'll post an explanation. But like I said, it is meant to be interpreted a little differently by everyone.

As for the musical style, that's hard to say, if I was working on the music to back it I would have you sing it the way you hum it in your head & then go from there
Yeah, I am waiting for my brother to come up with a style that I like, and then I'll probably edit it even more to fit with that style. I prefer doing it that way because my brother is amazing at writing music. When he was first learning to play electric guitar, he used to make up his own tunes that sounded eerily like Nirvana, and he had never heard nirvana before in his life. Unless he had been secretly listening to the music coming from my bedroom. :sus

Thank's for your help! :)

·
Banned
2,331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ok, since nobody else was brave enough to guess, I'll tell you what I was trying convey through the lyrics.

Mainly it is supposed to be a song about what it was like for God to realize what love was all about. And unsurprisingly, it ended up being exactly what it was like for me to realize what love was all about. This should not be confused with me thinking that I am God. ;P I was simply using a message from the bible that says we were created in God's image.

This may be offensive to some people, but I was imagining God setting around in this infinite void and being so bored and frustrated knowing that it would never end, that he made the big bang happen. At first he is using it to make himself happy and take away his boredom, but eventually he develops such deep feelings for his creation that he realizes he is making them suffer and decides to set them free by sacrificing himself (or his son, which is basically yourself, or even more of a sacrifice then yourself.) so that they don't don't have to worry about pleasing his every whim anymore.

Or maybe I wrote it the other way around, meaning it to be about my own feelings and then I saw that correlation. There was one night after my ex left me. I had been trying and trying to convince her not to leave, and had been doing all sorts of things to try and get her to love me, but that night I finally realized that she didn't love me, and that I probably never loved her either, even though I thought I did. So that night I privately let her go in my mind, and I cried myself to sleep that night because I knew that it was the right thing to do. In the morning when I woke up, there was snow on the ground, and it made me cry even more. That is when I realized that I do love her. I love her so much that I gave up my "happiness" so that she could be free, and in return I got real happiness.

I just thought it was a powerful experience and that is what I was remembering when I wrote this.

·
Banned
2,331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
no audio ?
My brother is still working on the music. I heard him playing something, but I don't want to bother him yet. And I'm also still trying to figure out who is going to actually sing it. Can't believe I forgot about that part. I may have to actually collaborate with someone who I don't know very well. :afr

1 - 10 of 10 Posts