Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
875 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
.. when texts simply don't cut it.

I want to make a group for people who want to conquer the fear of speech and conversation - by doing it.

It's pretty simple, but hard to do, especially IRL. Online it's easier, don't you think? A lot less embarrassing to say the wrong thing..

So here I am - making a group whose people understand the fact that talking can be difficult and haunting, but realize that the only way of improving is by doing it.

It's ok if you're shy or your mind goes blank a lot. We're here to improve that.

---

Post here or PM me with your skype ID, I will make sure they get added.

Cheers :D

------

Edit: The skype option on the left, under your avatar and information, will only allow me to add you, if you have enabled the functionality. Otherwise:

"Sorry, this user has chosen a privacy option that prevents you from viewing this information."

Edit2: Seems skype has a glitch of sorts:

If you sent me a msg and I have not added you, please add my skype ID instead.
Apparently it doesn't always send out invitations upon me requesting.

Edit3: I am closing this group for now - we have a booming amount of members at the moment and at times the amount of people in one call gets chaotic.
I might re-open the thread later on, or make a new one in the future.

Thank you for interest.

·
today's a beautiful day
2,217 Posts
well.. really good idea!
...am still searching for my courage to voice skype...

will have this thread bookmarked.. and maybe i join soon :D

·
Spirit of Vengeance
5,301 Posts
I think you have a great idea, OP.

I've never skyped before in my life though so I have a couple questions. Are talking about voice chat only or video and voice chat? I would be very hesitant to do a video chat because I've never put my picture on this forum or anything like that.

·
Registered
875 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
well.. really good idea!
...am still searching for my courage to voice skype...

will have this thread bookmarked.. and maybe i join soon :D
Thank you.
I hope you will find the courage to do a voice skype, too :)

I find ease in the fact that there's a common understanding between talking partners - they face similar challenges. Perhaps you will find ease in this fact as well, and give it a shot.

I think you have a great idea, OP.

I've never skyped before in my life though so I have a couple questions. Are talking about voice chat only or video and voice chat? I would be very hesitant to do a video chat because I've never put my picture on this forum or anything like that.
Thank you, too :D
It's ok that you're not experienced in skype voice chat, I am somewhat a newbie as well. I only did a handful of voice calls before.

Voice chat can be with or without cam - it just needs microphone, and you're good to go :)

However, I am open for the option of cam-to-cam, if requested.

Well, I'm interested but I'm a little young. I hope that's okay...
We prefer people of age 18 or higher, sorry :/

·
Chlorine and Wine
12,105 Posts
We had a group going, but the founder disappeared after a couple of weeks... I've hardly talked at all, but I can promise I'll be terrible at it.

trogl0dytic

·
Registered
875 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Seems skype has a glitch of sorts:

If you sent me a msg and I have not added you, please add my skype ID instead.
Apparently it doesn't always send out invitations upon me requesting.

·
Spirit of Vengeance
5,301 Posts
I've never done Skype before either so I don't really know what is going on. Is there set time we are going to do this?

·
Spirit of Vengeance
5,301 Posts
How are you guys this brave :afr
I don't get that, either. I should probably do something like this but... **** is awkward.
Trust me I know exactly what you two mean. This part of the OP is what made me decide to give this a chance:

"So here I am - making a group whose people understand the fact that talking can be difficult and haunting, but realize that the only way of improving is by doing it.

It's ok if you're shy or your mind goes blank a lot. We're here to improve that."

1 - 20 of 58 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.