Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
342 Posts
kikachuck said:
I always thought the ties were annoying. Didn't they get rid of those?
I think they still have an overtime period, but if it's still a tie after that, they have a shoot-out to determine the winner.

·
SAS's Chief Meteorologist
7,539 Posts
I like the new rules. The games are definitely higher scoring and more interesting. No more boring hockey games going into overtime with a 0 - 0 score. I don't like the shootout, though. It's kind of anti-climatic. They should just let three players from each team fight it out and the team with the last man standing wins. :lol

·
Registered
3,999 Posts
I wonder what it is about us Americans that make us hate ties? One of the major drawbacks to hockey in this country was the ties and soccer has the same problem. Ask almost anybody who hates soccer why they hate it and odds are they will say both the low scores and the ties. Notice how none of the major sports in this country have ties (except in football where it is technically possible, but hardly ever happens)?

·
Registered
716 Posts
I like the new rules but they favour a european style of play, at least all the north american players will be more prepared for the olympics, i guess.

Canadians don't like soccer very much either, its not the ties, its just boring to watch. Although i was in montreal when greece beat portugal in the euro cup and people were going crazy, but thats just montreal.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts