Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there,
I have been battling depression since I was about 18. Doctors have had me on Effexor 175 for about 8 years. Recently work has closed down and I have been unemployed for 4 months. I am at home all day and have developed severe anxiety from this. To top it off my gf cheated on me after 4 years so I feel pretty sad. I've been listening to tapes and reading studies on how to handle my anxiety and depression but I still throw up everyday and start dry heaving at the drop of a hat whenever i think of things. Doctor wants to up my effexor to 225 which I am reluctantly doing (effexor seems like it has lots of bad side effects). So my current situation is trying to take lots of vitamins, light exercise, drink water and up my effexor. I have been out of a routine for so long that I now fear my ability to carry out the simplest of tasks.
Sorry for the long post just wanted to say hi.
Hope to talk to you all soon.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Hi, i gotta say the first thing you need to do is get a new doctor, if your on the same thing for so long and it's not doing it for you don't persist - change, a fresh view will help a lot, speaking from experience. My doctor has me on a combination of anti anxiety and anti depresent, you need someone with the smarts to figure out what's right for you. Since you are into research, look into applicable med's for background info and don't take a doctor's word for it just because they're a doctor. Also i hope you broke it off with your girlfriend, trust is paramount and it's better for you to be alone until you meet another girl than to persist.. My battle has been more than 20 years, it's easy to say don't persist like that when it seems that's the only way, but... it has to be done. Your call really. Not sorry for the long reply.

·
Registered
154,234 Posts
Welcome, Adam1! :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts