Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I lived through my first day of my first full time job. I really hated every second of it and I think I would rather die than go back... but hey, I went. At least I got a corner desk so nobody can see me. That was a positive.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Nice work. don't worry it will get better. Getting a job is one of the best things you can do to put a dent in social anxiety.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Congratulations on the positives! Sometimes putting up with the bad stuff is worth it. What do you hate about it? Might it get better?
Thanks! :) Ah, just that I felt completely lots and I didn't know what I was doing. I was left to do my own thing, and I was kinda hoping to have someone hold my hand all day. It has to get better, cos I couldn't handle it otherwise! It's just me being a twit, and a stress-head. I was too scared to even get up and go to the bathroom. I stayed hidden in my corner all day. I was scared to ask questions. It should get better... but it will probably take a few months for me to feel comfy.

·
Registered
718 Posts
Congrats Mug :) You survived! I found working full-time to be the best thing for my self-confidence and becoming more assertive! The other benefit is that I was so busy during the day that I had less time to worry about bad things :p

·
Registered
604 Posts
Congrats! Trust me it gets better. The first week is probably the hardest. I had a strange breakdown the first week and now after all this time I feel so comfortable there and I even made some friends.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts