Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I'm Tosha from Alabama. I found your site today. I technically haven't been diagnosed with anything (no insurance) but I definately have social anxiety. I did not attend my high school and college graduations and eloped instead of having a wedding due to the anxiety. I have a really hard time making friends and talking to people that I don't know. I get nervous when I have to go to places like church or wal-mart, and normally avoid them altogether. I buy groceries at midnight, so I won't have to be around other people, and try to avoid getting in any situation that is going to require me to talk to strangers.
I came looking for support because I am worried about my oldest child. He is almost 8, and I can see the anxiety in him too. It seems to be getting worse little by little. He refuses things like birthday parties, and he won't go to the playground if it is busy. He doesn't like busy stores or restaurants. I am trying to work on the problem for both of us.

·
LookingForMyLife
598 Posts
Welcome to the site ncislover. I am fairly new myself. So far I have found this site very helpful and the people very friendly. Ncis is one of my favorite shows, also House. Gotta love dinnozo and gibbs, well all of them really. Yep, Sounds like you may have sad. Hopefully you will find a way to get diagnosed. Good Luck!

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks! I love Gibbs and Ducky.
I used to like House also....I have pretty much stopped watching since they split up the team....maybe they will get back together!!:boogie

·
Banned
177,223 Posts
Hey Tosha, welcome to :sas

·
LookingForMyLife
598 Posts
Thanks! I love Gibbs and Ducky.
I used to like House also....I have pretty much stopped watching since they split up the team....maybe they will get back together!!:boogie
House is still pretty good. It did suck when they split up the team. But Cameron and Foreman and Chase are still on the show alot, actually Foreman is part of the team. It was good that they switched house to mondays, so I dont have to pick which show I want to watch. I would always choose NCIS. Do you remember the first or second season when Kate was shot between the eyes? That was messed up! They also run reruns of house on usa alot.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
House is still pretty good. It did suck when they split up the team. But Cameron and Foreman and Chase are still on the show alot, actually Foreman is part of the team. It was good that they switched house to mondays, so I dont have to pick which show I want to watch. I would always choose NCIS. Do you remember the first or second season when Kate was shot between the eyes? That was messed up! They also run reruns of house on usa alot.
Yea, I have seen a couple - I love Foreman.

Yeah, I remember that...I have only seen it 7836473276 times. I really liked Kate....but her replacement, Ziva, is ok too. They are falling down on this season though, so it better be one hell of a finale. I don't know if they have new writers or what, but all of the characters personalities have changed..Gibbs has become more laid back and he is letting stuff go that he normally wouldn't, Tony has become a complete bafoon, McGee is starting to get extremely arrogant and Ziva is giving them the cold shoulder...I just hope it is due to something going on that is tied in with the show, and not just a character change. Ok I'll stop or this could go on all day.

·
Registered
154,233 Posts
Welcome, NCISLover! :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts