Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all.

Funny thing is, I spent almost an hour reading new member posts in order to find a certain format or style to write in so that I wouldn't stick out or attract attention. The thought of saying something stupid, or violating some forum rule, or god forbid I actually misspell something scared me to death. Haha, just noticed there's a spell checker .. one less thing to worry about :D

On that note, did others have trouble with the menial task of creating a forum account and making their first post? I guess one step at a time, right?

Well without going into my life story, I'm 30/M living in New York City. I was born and raised in Sweden, and have spent time living throughout most of California (San Fran, LA, San Diego). I've been suffering from SA and mild depression for most of my life, but it wasn't been until recently that I've decided that I'm tired of sitting around my house feeling sorry for myself and that I have to do something about it. Hopefully this is my first step to a more confident, less regretful and better me.

That being said, I think the biggest contributing factor to my unwillingness to expand my horizons seems to stem from chronic pot habbit. While it blurs my reality, it does nothing to fix the underlying problem, but mostly it makes me feel content with mediocrity, with loneliness, boredom and unhappiness. I've tried quitting in the past, and have lasted 6+ months, but I now see the holes in my plan. I never motivated to replace the time I spent high with other acivities, so this time I'm doing it right .. and hopefully with some support as well =)

Look forward to getting to know everyone on these forums, you all seem like wonderful people!

·
is getting over herself
12,022 Posts
welcome, I hope you find the forum helpful.
You are right, habits need to be replaced with something else - just as habit forming, it seems. But healthier.

·
Banned
177,223 Posts
Hey Johan :wels

·
Registered
258 Posts
There's a spell check? Thank you Baby Jesus!

·
In the doghouse
1,165 Posts
There's a spell check? Thank you Baby Jesus!
Spell chek? What? I don't see one. Welcome to SAS! Good luck getting off the pot. :par I did it....you can do it too!! I've recently successfully quit smoke cigs. Which i've found to be more difficult. So you can definitely do this if I can do that. :hs

·
Registered
154,233 Posts
Welcome, InnerGlow! :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts