Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, my name is Hannah. I have always struggled with SA but never knew that's what it was called until earlier this year. As I grew up I just assumed that I was really shy. I was painfully anxious and nervous around people that I didn't know, groups of people, authority figures, etc. I always struggled with making friends. It was actually a relief to find out that I have SA because now I have a name for it and can try to work towards overcoming it.

I currently don't have a job, nor am I in school. I am living with my parents. I am 22 years old. I also suffer from clinical depression. I don't really know how to interact with people in a normal way because I am so terrified and anxious. How does one start to overcome these basic things?

I have only had 2 jobs and both of them my dad helped me get so I didn't have to interview. I feel like it would be good for me to at least try to get a part time job so that I can start to support myself. However, I am so scared of getting a job of any kind. I hate interacting and "serving" people as work. I hate being put on the spot. I cannot imagine getting an interview at all.

I desire to make friends and be in a "community" where I can learn to cope and grow through this. :) I hope to meet some people that I can relate to!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hey Hannah!

I know how you feel, believe me i do. It's good to see you've taken a step towards a better life. I'm sure lots of people here (including me) are here to listen/help.

Feel free to message me if you need to talk.

·
Registered
154,233 Posts
Welcome, HannahJoy! :)

·
Banned
177,223 Posts
Hey Hannah, welcome to :sas

1 - 8 of 8 Posts