Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

My names Steven. Don't really know what to say but here goes. Basically I have always felt sort of "awkward" from as far as I can remember but never really paid it any mind and just chalked it up as being shy. Due to a ton of emotional stress caused by certain things going on in my life right now, I have felt even more anxiety as of late. I was just researching ways to fight these emotions and realized it is an actual disorder and that there are other people just like me(cliche I know). I seem to do well when in company of close friends, but even then I can get "distant" with them, hard to explain. I just really want a change in my life... finish up school, get a good job, etc..but it just seems so hard with the way I interact (or lack of) in everyday life

Anyways just joining this forum and admitting my problem was sort of hard in itself, but I'm just glad to have found a place to express myself and hopefully learn a few things from others in the same boat as me.

·
Banned
177,223 Posts
Hey Steven welcome. :)

·
Registered
154,235 Posts
Welcome SB408! :)

·
Banned
38,431 Posts
:wel

·
Force of Habit
91 Posts
Hey, Steven. I can definitely relate - I had no idea that my behaviour and thought patterns were unhealthy, let alone a disorder, until I was diagnosed by accident (I went into the GP complaining of mood swings, and came out with a clinical explanation for feelings I'd had for most of my life... :blank). I've only been here for a couple of hours, and it's great. Welcome aboard.

·
Registered
1,475 Posts
Hi Steven, so glad you've found this site. I've found it to be a great help in helping to overcome my social anxiety (an ongoing battle, but i'm getting there). You'll find so many great people here that want to help you, and i'm sure you'll help a lot of other people to :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts