Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello! I'm new here! Pretty nervous, haha. :afr

So, basically I'm 30 years old and I've been shy all my life but social anxiety didn't really take over until I was about 21. I dropped out of college then and didn't leave my house very often. Gradually over the years I've gotten a little better. I'm trying to get my life back on track so I've started going back to college this semester. I've been in school for 3 weeks now and I feel like my anxiety is flaring up so I need some help.

The program I'm in has a lot of emphasis on group work, working with partners, and giving presentations. So, you know, it's a nightmare! I really need to work on being able to socialize so I can get a real job so I'm dealing with it the best I can. I have to give my first speech on Wednesday and of course I'm freaking out.

I've always hated voice chatting (and even just text chatting) but recently I installed Skype because I figured it would be good for me to try to talk with more people even though it makes me uncomfortable. Does anyone want to be Skype friends and awkwardly chat with me?! (I can only chat on weekdays though, because my boyfriend uses the computer pretty much all weekend.)

Hoooo, I hope I get some replies because I will feel like a big dork if I don't. :um Haha!

Thanks for reading!

·
Hello hello
3 Posts
Hello Katzendiesel (interesting name).
I just signed up today :D

I'm glad that you are going back to college. that's a very good step. I used to have SA when i was younger, but not any more so i think i can help you with that [:

By any chance are you and engineer? b/c i'm an engineer and in school we have to do a lot of those stuff.

unfortuanly i'm at my campus's library so i can't help you with that but i'll answer any question or whatever that you need help with ;)

·
Registered
2,490 Posts
Welcome! Hope you find what you're looking for. If you need someone to talk to about (insert topic), feel free to msg me at any time.

·
Registered
154,234 Posts
Welcome, KatzenDiesel! :)

·
Banned
177,223 Posts
Hey katzendiesel welcome. :hyper

1 - 5 of 5 Posts