Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just wanted to see if anybody could give me some advice on whether you think I could possibly have low testosterone or social anxiety or something else.
To start off, I do know I have had low confidence from being young. When I was in high school it was only slightly low and got worse growing up.
When I was around 14/15 I did used to love going out with mates, doing stuff, drinking, going to parties and I would say I was quite popular in the area. Then when I turned 16 and left school it was just like a switch in my head clicked and I hated all that. When that happened I stayed in for around 3 months and didnt speak to any friends, only my mum and sister who i lived with. I did start going out again but only with around 3 friends. During that 'off period' of sitting in all the time and barely going out I piled on the weight. That carried on until I was around 18. Once I weighed myself and seen the scales at 16.5stone, I went on a serious diet and went down to 10.5stone in a quite short time.
Now 21, I have kept the weight off and I am covered head to toe in stretch marks and cellulite. Being like this and my confidence going to an all time low I did start to get depressed. I did see my doctor who said he thought I had a slight depression and just told me to go see somebody (which I refused as I dont want to sit in a room with a stranger talking about it).
It is getting quite bad now as it is beginning to restrict me from doing things such as, Ive never been on a holiday with any friends as I dont want to show my body. I dont go on nights out as I feel extremely self conscious in social situations. Or if i do go out then I drink until I 'forget to be consious' and ended up in an ambulance once. I also had to turn down being a godparent for my best friends first child as I couldnt bare the thought of being stood up in front of everybody in church.
I also have hardly any sex drive at all. I have kissed a girl or two in my teens but thats the most it has been (never anything else). I would feel too socially awkward to be with a girl too. I never go out to meet girls as it is, but with this on top, im gunna be the 40 year old virgin :lol:
I just dont know what is wrong with me, somebody of my age is usually out all the time, gettign with girls, going on holidays, doing things. But me, im always sat at home, on a constant diet, i feel like crap, im constantly tired, hate social situations, i know i am ugly. I just hate myself and the way I am.
I have looked at low testosterone and social anxiety and have seen that I do relate to a lot of the symptoms and thought that it could be a possibility and just wanted some advice as to what it could be if not.
Sorry for this being so long, but I just needed to put everything in.
Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
154,235 Posts
Welcome, TopGear1992! :)

·
Registered
338 Posts
Hello :) Welcome to SAS!

I read through your post, and it does sound like you have some depression going on. I am not sure about social anxiety. I think some of the social problems you are having may be the result of depression, but I am not a doctor or a therapist, so I can't say for certain. You mentioned that someone recommend you talk to a professional about your depression, but you do not really want to do that. It can be hard to go and talk to someone about how you're feeling. I totally understand that. But, it could really help you feel better. Maybe you could try it out for a bit and see if it helps.

I hope you start feeling better.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Welcome to SAS, bro! Instead of praising you for your accomplishments or possibly giving you harmful advice, I will say one thing. I recommend you stick around this forum, post, and read others' posts. It's helped me gauge where I'm at and what I can do to improve.

I understand about your not wanting to go to counseling. Me, neither. I don't even talk to friends of family about my problems. When my anxiety gets in the way everyone just thinks I'm being irresponsible. Well, see you around!

·
Registered
157 Posts
If you want to test your testosterone, just goto the doctor and tell him the signs you're experiencing that relate to low T and ask for a blood test. But based on your name and your writing style, it seems like you're from the UK, which Ive heard is actually less knowledgeable about TRT than here is the US, which isn't good anyway.
But, I'd suggest a blood test and then request to see the results, as 'normal' according to the doctor might not actually be normal.

·
Son of Odin
165 Posts
Hehe, you know what they say, if you are a virgin by 30 years, you become a wizard!
Be happy with that! ;)

And welcome to SAS! :)

·
Banned
177,223 Posts
Hey topgear1992 welcome. :hyper

1 - 8 of 8 Posts