Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:help I'm not very good at this sorta thing!

My name is Sharon, had SA since I was very young. It affects me pretty bad. I can't hold conversation w/anyone without my SA showing(I get rashes on my neck & it's very embarrassing :flush)Recently I worked 5 years for the state as a housekeeper & during that time I have went on leave twice w/this problem.Generally I was able to manage my job but it was really hard. I even created a specific routine so I could avoid cleaning around people. I'm lucky I didn't lose my job because at times I would totally skip a room!I have ran into a few situations where I had to deal w/people & a specific problem and would totally freeze up when they talked to me... My job was never easy on my social anxiety, I would always get thrown around in different buildings & have to do "classes" this was all extremely stressful on me. Recently I got this new boss & he is not a very nice person,always had something smart to say & put me down.:cry
I've tried many medications but they make me feel worse:(
Lately I have been feeling really down in the dumps about my problem. I feel really alone most of the time. I'm not close to my family & the people I am close w/aren't very understanding. Not that I expect them to be!

Ok well look forward to replies:thanks

·
Digimon Loyalist
2,031 Posts
Hi Sharon welcome to SAS! I hope you will be able to share your thoughts and fears with your fellow SA's. What type of medication have you taken to help with your SA? :)

·
Banned
38,431 Posts
:wel

·
Banned
177,223 Posts
Hey Sharon, welcome to :sas

1 - 6 of 6 Posts