Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there, I'm new here so I thought I'd say hello...
I'm 23 years old and I work part time in a pub whilst doing my masters. I've had SA my whole life, but it really improved when I got to uni. Unfotunately I've recently seen some of the symptoms creeping back into my everyday life and I don't know how to cope. I'm actually very close to the deadline for my masters project but I'm really worried I'm going to slip back into a depression. For the past year I've consistently felt empty and sad and had started self harming again, which I haven't done since I was a teenager. The trouble is, my mood has meant that I've pushed a lot of people away and so I don't feel I have anyone to turn to anymore. Or perhaps my mood is because I've pushed people away, I can't exactly be sure...

I'm sorry if it sounds like I'm moaning. I'm not really sure what I'm looking for. I think I'd just like to not feel so alone. I'm really scared that I'm going to completely ruin my whole life. Maybe I'm just not meant to be here?

xx

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
I'm sorry that you're self harming again :( Hopefully, this forum will give you the support you need. It's hard at first because you feel like a nobody like you do in real life, but once you post a few times, people start to recognize you and respond to your messages :) It's a cool community for the most part!

·
Registered
154,235 Posts
Welcome, NatalieM! :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts