Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

I'm been lurking for a few days here and I really relate to the community here so I figured I'd join even though I've never been formally been diagnosed with SA (I've never seen a therapist for a longer than one session). I'm a college student who has a hard time relating to people. Sometimes I'm fine and I can say that I'm confident, blah, blah, but I'm very much disconnected from my peers. It's hard living on campus 'cause I just feel like I'm floating through while everyone else their frat, sorority, or religious group to hang onto. Sometimes, I feel really lousy (not smart enough, not attractive enough, etc.), but other times I feel like I am all those things except that other people just don't get see it. Living in the dorms is just one giant ball of nerves, everything from a sharing room to having to pass by crowds laughing and joking around in the halls. I feel I stand out so much 'cause I'm often by myself; I wish I could have a switch to turn me invisible when I wanted it.

Anyway, this is turning into a novel. I just wanted to say hi and introduce a little of myself. :yes

·
Banned
177,223 Posts
Hey ameliabedelia :wels

·
Registered
604 Posts
Hi amelia bedelia! BTW thanks for taking me back to my childhood because I LOVED those books! I felt like you did but I eventually moved out of the dorms. This is a great community and I hope you enjoy your stay!!!

·
Registered
746 Posts
Welcome! I'm new too.

I loved those books - I remember reading them long ago... I gave my little niece one of those books. I think it was Good Work Amelia Bedelia...

·
Registered
154,233 Posts
Welcome, AmeliaBedelia! :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts