Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi!

I've been lurking here for months now and finally decided to give this forum a real try... I guess I could consider this as the first step in trying to connect with other individuals of this human species.

I've been friendless for about 8 years now. I had friends when I was a kid, but lost them for various reasons. I started at a university last fall and thought that it would be a new beginning; I would meet new people, make friends, maybe even start dating... Instead, I noticed that I have no social skills whatsoever, I have a tendency to avoid people and there's not a chance that I could change myself overnight. Maybe joining this site could be a second new beginning :D

·
Hibernating
1,627 Posts
Hi Audentia and welcome to SAS! I went through a similar experience with university, went in thinking I'd be Mr. Sociable, and have realized that it just isn't that easy =/

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Welcome to SAS! I am also friendless! :yay
Thanks, indigoXdaisy! Now we can be friendless together! :yay:

Hi Audentia and welcome to SAS! I went through a similar experience with university, went in thinking I'd be Mr. Sociable, and have realized that it just isn't that easy =/
Thanks, Gavroche! And yeah, it's certainly annoying when you have to face the reality..

·
Banned
177,223 Posts
Hey Audentia welcome. :hyper

·
Registered
154,234 Posts
Welcome, Audentia! :)

·
Registered
151 Posts
Hi Audentia. Welcome :) What are you studying at university? I noticed that you used the words human species instead of human race so you are obviously a wonderful person. I hope you are having a lovely weekend!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks Toad Licker, millenniumman75 and Freaking Out Always! I certainly wasn't expecting so many answers :)

Hi Audentia. Welcome :) What are you studying at university? I noticed that you used the words human species instead of human race so you are obviously a wonderful person. I hope you are having a lovely weekend!
Hi Sheeshle and thanks! I'm studying biology right now and enjoying it quite a lot.

·
Registered
151 Posts
I am doing my PhD in Biology (zoology to be specific). Nice to 'meet' another Biologist.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
1 - 15 of 15 Posts