Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,

I'm 23, originally from Southern California and recently moved to Las Vegas for a "change." I've been in therapy since I was 18 for all forms of anxiety, general, separation, social, etc. As well as for depression. I was feeling very lost. Not sure where I wanted to go in life I just knew I wanted success and I wanted it NOW. I could not find happiness in CA; therefore, I moved to Vegas in hopes of living that care free life style that is portrayed in the city of sin. Turns out, happiness is not in Vegas. I have finally realized I need to find my happiness within I just don't know how. Since moving to Vegas I have fallen into a very deep depression. I don't have my family here and I don't have any close friends I could lean on. I spend my evenings at home with my cat Louis. I love to be alone. I don't like putting myself in any situation that could end up awkward for me. I also fear rejection and conflict; therefore, I will avoid it at all cost even if it causes me more personal issues. I struggle with anxiety and depression. The depression wants to keep my home in bed, but the anxiety tells me if I don't go to work I won't make money which will cause more depression. My mind is a disaster. It never stops. I don't even know what "relaxation" means. When I sleep my dreams are so vivid and exhausting. I never feel rested. I'm getting to my breaking point and I don't know what to do. I am on medication: Lexapro, Trazadone, and Xanax. My hope is one day I can battle my inner demons and not need to take these mind altering medications....That is my story. I needed to get it out to people who understand. My family and friends just do not get it and its frustrating.

Thank you for reading!

Nikki

·
Registered
154,235 Posts
Welcome, Keado0! :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts