Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I just stumbled onto this site after trying to find more information on the supplements I've been trying for the past couple of weeks, after stopping Effexor (cold turkey; not recommended): 5-HTP, L-Tyrosine and L-Theanine (in addition to B, D and C vitamins and magnesium). Good info in the "Treatment Reviews" section, but I'm feeling a little unsure how to determine the best combo/dosages that will help me now that my anxiety is all over the place. A little too much of one makes me even more anxious; too much of another zonks me out. Is trial and error pretty much the only way to get it right?

I stopped using Effexor when my depression seemed to be worse than it had been in years. After a couple of weeks of some very interesting symptoms, my energy level was better than it had been in a long time, and my overall outlook was much improved (no more wanting to sleep all day over the weekend). The downside is a lot of anxiety, to the point where I sometimes feel like I'm vibrating all over.

What is a good next step for me? I plan to start reading as much as I can on this board -- past posts, more of the supplement reviews. What else do you recommend to newcomers? It has been years since I was not on some form of antidepressant/anti-anxiety drug (and I'm not wanting to go down that road again). I'm glad I found this place. :)

·
professional daydreamer
97 Posts
Welcome :) I'm not a doctor, and don't have experience with the medications you listed. I found cognitive behavioral therapy to be helpful, and EMDR to be very helpful. I have never felt like I was vibrating all over, but about two years after an incident, I would visibly shake at seemingly random times throughout the day to where I could not preform some basic tasks, so you're not alone here

·
Registered
154,235 Posts
Welcome, MsNicePerson! :)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Welcome :) I'm not a doctor, and don't have experience with the medications you listed. I found cognitive behavioral therapy to be helpful, and EMDR to be very helpful. I have never felt like I was vibrating all over, but about two years after an incident, I would visibly shake at seemingly random times throughout the day to where I could not preform some basic tasks, so you're not alone here
What is EMDR?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the welcome! After relying on doctors to prescribe various SSRI's over the years, the prospect of trying to 'go natural' feels a little overwhelming, but I'll get there. :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts