Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
SAS Veteran
1,841 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I mentioned a few weeks ago I have my first banking account and I have a debit card and can write checks. Well, since this whole thing with using debit and all that is new I was kind of scared to use the little machine where you slide your card and all so I put off doing it but today I told myself I will never get over the fear unless I use it. My main concern was doing something wrong or foolish but it turned out to be easy! And it wasn't as bad as I had thought.
Anyway if we ever want to get past a certain fear we have to face it first and then 99% of the time it turns out okay and now it will not be scary the next time I do it. :banana
Someone once said that when you face your fear that soon the death of that fear is certain. I tend to agree. But I still have stuff to get over someday. :banana

·
Registered
22 Posts
Awesome.

I'm more nervous about writing checks. I have to sit there and make sure I spell everything correctly and make sure I don't forget to write the date and sign it. I'm OCDish in a way where I have to keep looking at it to make sure I wrote everything that needs to be written.

I'm a lot better with debit cards. Just put it in and beep boop boop beep boop, and I'm done.

·
Registered
154,235 Posts
Withdrawal - BEEP! :lol

You did great, Anxiety28!

·
Registered
26 Posts
It helps to consciously remember how experiences like this feel. -- So that the next time we are facing a hurdle like that, we can remember the feelings of accomplishment or relief after we faced a fear and found it to be impotent.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts