Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have struggled with this problem for as long as I can remember. I am not sure where it stems from, but I need to talk with people who can understand what I am going thru so I dont feel like I am crazy. I am in a relationship with someone who is very outgoing, and when we first got together he did not know I had any problems with this. I belive it is because we drank alot in most social situations. Drinking made me feel alot less of the symptoms. We have now been together for 8 years and now have a child. I dont drink much anymore being a good mom. I dont want to have to do that to be normal. I am now feeling the strain on our relationship. He thinks if he just pushes me more or fights with me it will somehow make me snap out of this fear I have. I dont know how we can make it if I dont get any help. I have taken certain med's for this and they just had awful side effects (sexual). Like my relationship can handle that. Does anyone know how to get to the root of this without paying someone a ton of money. ( Like people have alot to go around these days). Please Help!!!! I dont want my son to see me like this much longer. I want him to have healthy relationships & social skills.

·
Banned
177,223 Posts
Hey SensitiveSoul welcome. :)

·
Registered
154,235 Posts
Welcome to SAS, SensitiveSoul! :)

·
Registered
66 Posts
Hi sensitivesoul. Definitely try posting here and see if you can find other people who share your thoughts and feelings. Maybe finding out you're not so alone will help you. Also, try going to your library and finding books on cognitive therapy. I agree that paying for counselors and medicine is really expensive. Reading might be a more cost-effective way to discover CBT techniques. It hasn't been a 100% perfect solution for me, but it has helped somewhat. Wishing you the best of luck. :)

·
Banned
38,431 Posts
:wel

1 - 7 of 7 Posts