Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Ive been kissed just once and believe me I still savor the feeling. Hang in there good buddy..am sure the next kiss just 'round the bend..your coming in here is the first step..next would be to take it FROM here which I'm sure you'll be able do soon enough!!!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Guess I can add something here. I was 28 the first time I kissed a girl. I just turned 29 a bit ago, so you can imagine this is still fresh in my mind.

Lets just say she kissed me first. My first instinct was to pull back hesitantly. Not because I didn't want to kiss her, but because it was just awkward. It was a good awkward though, just getting used to the mechanics of something I never really did before ya know (get pretty close to her, put your arm around her, otherwise you're trying to balance and it's tougher) She was a cool chick, and kinda knew my history, so the pressure was low once we both realized my experience level (none). If she asks, just tell her you haven't done it. She may have more patience in your case if you don't get it right away.

Bottom line though for me, was that I fell into it pretty quickly, and kinda surprised myself and her. I've always read in the past about kissing, and one of the things I remembered was to take it easy! Soft, gentler kissing is where it's at. If she increases in intensity, you can follow suit. Small pecks to the lips is hot. Light soft biting of her bottom lip is kinda hot. If you're going to initiate tongue, start it slowly, see if she responds. Most likely though, she will initiate this. If she does, again, follow her lead as far as intensity and aggressiveness, and you'll be set.

It will come together for you man! It came more naturally to me than I ever thought possible ruminating about it all these years. It's no biggie in reality! And it's fun!

·
Registered
103 Posts
I'm 20 years old, and I still haven't kissed a girl. Not because I don't want to, but simply because I've never had a girlfriend, and I'm pretty upset about that. :no

I wouldn't worry about making a fool out of myself though. I always thought that it was something that comes naturally.

·
"Why So Serious?"
901 Posts
Well I would like to say kissing is not all that great but when this girl started french kissing me and I responded back...well....it was pretty awesome. Then again, since it was my first kiss, the first one is probably always the best one if it goes well.

·
Registered
6,380 Posts
It is more likely that when it comes time for your first kiss that he or she will be just as inexperienced as you are. In my opinion, kissing is not as nice as a romantic hug but a romantic hug combined with kissing tops both :D

·
Banned
5,875 Posts
I don't know if it comes naturally or not, my first kiss was pretty awkward, to say the least. The girl sort of just through herself on me, so of course I wasn't prepared for it. I think she didn't have much experience herself, either. Even though it was a little bit strange, that didn't make it any less enjoyable. Just remember to take things slow and don't think about it too much.

·
o_O
6,024 Posts
I'm 18, never been kissed and it doesn't look like I will anytime soon because not only do I have personal space issues, but also it's hard for me to get close enough to someone so that we will be at that kissing stage. The only thing I can say is that you shouldn't rush yourself to get it over with, when the time is right it will happen. Naturally. And I'm sure you won't make a fool of youself :)

·
Registered
2,804 Posts
You won't make a fool out of yourself. I was nervous but when it happened it didn't feel awkward, then he told me I have one of the best kisses he'd ever had. That was probably a lie. (I'd like to think it wasn't). So obviously couldn't tell anyway. Don't worry about it though don't even think about it just let it happen when it does.

·
Registered
15 Posts
It should be something that comes naturally. If it doesn't, your probably just forcing yourself or getting way too nervous. I've never really kissed anyone, just refused kisses from people that didn't feel right. :/

·
Registered
104 Posts
I got my first when I was 18 and I was like WHAT THE HECK, lol, I didn't know what to do, but it doesn't take that long to get the hang of it, so don't worry, I don't think he noticed that I was inexperienced and your first probably won't either

·
Registered
145 Posts
It will come naturally and when it does just relax! It is a beautiful thing. Take your time and enjoy it. Kissing actually soothes my anxiety.

·
Painfully Shy Guy
418 Posts
Sometimes kissing is totally awesome and sometimes you find yourself looking around thinking "this is getting kinda monotonous."

BTW I'm no expert - it's been a while.

·
sa challenger
5,079 Posts
I'm 19 and never had my first kiss either and I am very curious if it comes naturally or not. I'm also hoping it's not as disgusting as it seems; that when you're actually doing it it's romantic and nice but right now it seems really gross to me. I'm a bit of a germophobe sometimes...I kind of have the mentality of a 10 year old on romantic things since i have no experience. It all seems icky to me still <:)
Hee hee you sound just like my daughter! She's 16 and has a boy pursuing her, and every time he tries to hold her hand or put his arm around her she screams.

She seems to have personal space issues too, some germaphobe issues, and is immature for her age. She thinks sex is disgusting. I worry that she won't be able to enjoy herself. Yes, I realize how young she is, and no boyfriend means less trouble, but I still grapple with should she have more experience or should she just concentrate on school and girlfriends.

·
Banned
40 Posts
In my opinion, the best kisses have little to do with kissing.

It's about that split second right before your lips touch- if you can build that anticipation, you've already won by the time you bridge the distance

·
sa challenger
5,079 Posts
In my opinion, the best kisses have little to do with kissing.

It's about that split second right before your lips touch- if you can build that anticipation, you've already won by the time you bridge the distance
well said

1 - 20 of 26 Posts