Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
582 Posts
Just going to throw a few idea out there:

If he is from out of town maybe show him some of the landmarks or attractions.

Grab a coffee and take a walk in a park, i find i'm less anxious outdoors than inside.

Take a lunch to a conservation area, eat, chat and catch up on things.

·
Hiding in my basement
347 Posts
I took care of this problem by never calling anyone back. Then they all finally stopped calling. I'm sure I came off as an a*****e but its a smalll price to pay for not having to sit there worrying for days on end whether or not I should call this person back, and feeling guilty, when in the end it don't want to do any of it anyways.

·
···---···
3,375 Posts
I would just meet around the beach... santa monica or venice, and hang out. There's lots of stuff to do there that doesn't cost anything and you can take the bus to get there. You can walk around or just sight see and get a cheap pizza. They also have farmer's markets in the LA area where you can walk around, try some new food and waste a few hours... all very inexpensive. This is assuming your friend doesn't have any suggestions.

·
Comfortably Numb
232 Posts
Just go out and go with the flow;you don't need to pressure yourself on things to do.Just being out of the house and hanging with someone should give you allot of satisfaction.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts