Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
baclofen enthusiast
2,748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
neurontin taken while drinking seems to save you from a bad hangover the next day, and now I know this trick works. Also, it makes alcohol twice as potent at least. Neurontin doesn't undergo liver metabolism and it doesn't mess with alcohol like any benzo would. Also I'm taking efexor I should have a bad time now like when I was on paroxetine and citalopram, instead I feel fine and very relaxed.

·
baclofen enthusiast
2,748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
went to see the pdoc yesterday and asked for Lyrica because lately my GAD worsened probably due to the increase of prozac, eventually obtained Lyrica 75mg (unlimited free boxes at the mental hygiene pharmacy) which I should take t.i.d. but I've read that Lyrica, as opposed to Neurontin, could not mix well with alcohol and that you may be sick after drinking while you're on Lyrica. Is that true?
Then again, I'm not really an heavy drinker but I'd rather not stop completely because of treatment.

·
Registered
402 Posts
No i've been taking lyrica for over a year. Drink does seem to effect
you more but i have never had any trouble whilst doing it or after.
I would let yourself get used to it before though as there is a settling in
period with lyrica which i beleive drink would make worse.
It does say dont drink on the instructions so maybe it has some effect
on liver function. Maybe ask your doc but im thinking they would probably advise against it ;)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.