Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody have Netflix? I had it for a while but they were really slow about sending new releases so I switched to Blockbuster. Now I've been hearing that Netflix is only $8.99 a month. Is that just an introductory rate? I can't find anything about that on their site. And have they gotten any faster?

·
R.I.P. Do not contact.
1,905 Posts
They've improved recently, at least over here. Whenever a selection has to be shipped from a non-local center, they send you an extra dvd from your queue. I'm on the unlimited one-dvd-at-a-time plan which is roughly 9 bucks a month. It also comes with a free unlimited instant-viewing option where you can watch movies on your computer.

·
Registered
428 Posts
We have it, and it's 8.99 a month -- it's not just an introductory rate. They send them out pretty quickly. Usually get a movie two days after we sent the last one back.

2,348 Posts
I chose Blockbuster to do the in store free exchange. It was such a pain to get to Blockbuster and they have such a poor selection. I didn't feel like making a new queue for Netflix so I am just keeping Blockbuster. I also have the 3 dvds at a time plan.

·
Registered
2,419 Posts
I'm on the 1-dvd-at-a-time plan. I think it's 8.99/month. It works out to two movies/week.

I love Netflix. I get movies on Wednesday and Saturday without fail, and there's plenty of things to watch online, especially TV series. Right now I'm finishing up Red Dwarf, and then I'm moving on to season 2 of Heroes.

I don't know how fast they are delivering new releases. I've got a backlog of movies to watch so I don't bother with the new releases. I can tell you that there isn't a wait for season 4.5 of Battlestar Galactica , and I think 4.5 was released a couple of weeks ago. That's not bad.

·
SAS Veteran
1,841 Posts
I had Netflix for two years. No problems.

·
Registered
186 Posts
I had blockbuster last year - mostly because of the in-store exchange. But, with the limits on the number of in-store exchanges and the limited selection, it's not worth it.

I've had netflix for a few months now and it's great. It's roughly $10 including tax. Movies come within two days. Unlimited online streaming of hundreds, if not thousands, of film and tv shows, it beats blockbuster hands down.

AND if you have an Xbox 360 Live, an HDMI cable from computer output to HDTV or another compatible device, you can watch their vast streaming collection on your television instead of your computer.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts