Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Banned
2,768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A friend of mine has a friend that needs a house sitter, so he came to me to ask if I would do it. I, without really thinking about it, said yes, mainly because of how he phrased the question. i thought i was going to be house sitting for my friend then later found out it was for someone i didnt know.

Now i have to go meet them today at their house and im getting all anxious about it

Im trying to beat this crap, and the only reason i would turn it down is because of SA, so it's a good thing that im not letting it keep me from doing everything. but im still nervous as hell...like there's no way im going to be talkative so I'm already destined to be "quiet"

I dunno. frusterating i cant just act like this is a normal occurance. I ahve to think about what to say, how to say it, how theyll react, etcetcetc

·
Registered
121 Posts
try to remember that youre doing THEM a favour. They're probably already thankful for it. It sounds likes it's already pretty set up - they just want to go over a few brief things with you. Try to breathe slowly. You don't need to impress them or prove anything to them. You're there to do a simple favour for them. Nothing more, nothing less. You can do it. Maybe try to view it as an 'exercise' for your path to SAD recovery. Even if you do fail, it's not the end of the world - just a small bump in your journey.

good luck - be true to yourself

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.