Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
one stop away
1,454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In about a half an hour, I'm going to meet my good friend and my ex boyfriend. They've been thinking about starting up a business and they invited me to be a part of it. I'm thrilled but I'm also more than a little nervous. This is only the second time in the past two years and a half years that I've seen/talked to my ex. We had a very rocky breakup, but it seems like both of us are interested in reclaiming our friendship. It's such a shame that we had to completely cut ties back in the day because we were best friends for some time before we dated.

So my question is--am I deluding myself? Is it possible for two people who used to date to be friends with one another? Is this a bad idea altogether? I really want to believe we can move past our history and start over as strictly friends.

·
MEAT POPSICLE
857 Posts
yuppers

I think you could be friends again, but the going into bussiness idea might be tricky. Starting any kind of bussiness is very hard, but to do so and to try and rebuild a friendship at the same time.....might be a little too much to handle.

In about a half an hour, I'm going to meet my good friend and my ex boyfriend. They've been thinking about starting up a business and they invited me to be a part of it. I'm thrilled but I'm also more than a little nervous. This is only the second time in the past two years and a half years that I've seen/talked to my ex. We had a very rocky breakup, but it seems like both of us are interested in reclaiming our friendship. It's such a shame that we had to completely cut ties back in the day because we were best friends for some time before we dated.

So my question is--am I deluding myself? Is it possible for two people who used to date to be friends with one another? Is this a bad idea altogether? I really want to believe we can move past our history and start over as strictly friends.

·
Banned
3,564 Posts
I think you could do that. It'll be awkward at first, but as long as neither of you is holding onto any mixed feelings from when you too were together and you're both dead set on moving on, you should be able to be friends again. I think you should at least give it a shot, if you don't want to cut him out of your life. In my opinion it could work based on what you wrote :)

·
one stop away
1,454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you both for your responses.

Today our meeting was mostly about continuing to break the ice between him and I (there is a lot of ice). I think it went very well, though. Yes, awkward...but it was great to catch up again. I think we both realize that we can't ever be together as a couple but hopefully we can continue to re-build our friendship.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts