Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I work in a warehouse so its not a professional office job and i still am nervous when talking to supervisor. Like a few days ago for example I was planning to call out of work so I called and my main supervisor picked up and all of a sudden i got extremely nervous and my voice/body shaky while i lied to him and said i'm sick can't show up to work. when i hung up i still felt nervous and stressed i don't understand why this happens to me...since i was young I was scared of people in charge.. anyone can relate please

·
Angst Abolition
440 Posts
Yes. I can relate. The same thing has happened to me before. It used to happen all the time.

the way I went about tackling it is developing for myself a rational philosophy of human beings...Asking questions like "What makes this supervisor any different than any other human being?" "who appointed this supervisor and by what?" Answer: There is no difference, and the same human reasoning and nature that appointed them, is the one that appointed you as an employee. It's all the same.

Granted, this won't SOLVE your issue...but it will help you begin to tap into perhaps a calmer approach to your supervisor. Does that make sense?

"Supervisor" denotes feelings and associations with authority, but if you begin to sort of pick it apart, you may find it's just another word for a human being who YOU are choosing to submit to in your respect for them.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts