Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im kinda sick that I get so nervous when im going to places. Like going to places where I know theres going to be alot of people, or for example going to look at a moped and meet the owner. I can worry days before Im going to do something in public...

Just wanna hear if someone can kinda relate to this nervousness.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I can completely relate. Here recently I had to go register for my classes for school and nearly two weeks before hand, I started thinking about it had a panic attack and threw up. Maybe that was too much information but I'd like for you to know you arn't the only one. To help my nervousness I take a piece of paper and write out how everything is going to be alright. Then go on a nice stroll. Hope this helps? :)

·
Registered
302 Posts
I feel nervous when I;m going to a formal social thing with people my age like a school potluck or an orientation for a camp/class. I'm fine just going to places with lots of people where I don't need to interact though and I like going to parties but not gonna lie, the vodka does help

·
Forever alone
98 Posts
Story of my life.
I also get nervous when I go into a large crowd.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I get this all the time, especially with the unknown. If I haven't been to the place before and am not used to the surroundings- I get really nervous and jittery beforehand, and end up being sick. I also get it a lot when eating out, something my mum doesn't understand and just accuses me of playing up and showing her up in public :L

·
Banned
1,697 Posts
I get sick & nervous as well. If I'm with my family I'm usually calm. However if its just me and some friends, I'm a nervous wreck. Like a couple of months ago after seeing a movie with a couple of people, we went to McDonalds to eat. I never go in nor order my own food.. My parents always do that for me cause I get nervous.. My stomach was twisting, I had a bit of tears in my eyes and I felt like throwing up.. I was even shaking a bit. The guy that took my order kept looking at me like I was on drugs and said I wasn't being clear. ~_~
Luckily it wasn't to crowded that late at night but I was still embarrassed. I'm a mess when out in public without my family. I remind myself of my Chihuahua at times cause she shakes when out in public most of the time.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Thanks, when i get really anxous i feel really sick aswell. And I hate social events at school, i feel like throwing up when i think about it :afr
I feel the same,except that sometimes I do throw up :( It got a better for me the things that I couldn't avoid doing (or attending).I've noticed that the things I did avoid for a long time makes it harder when I try to do them again.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts