Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I feel so childish, but i am so nervous about going to a movie with a friend tonight. Its really not that I am nervous around her, because we have been friends for a while, but more about the fact i am driving. I know it sounds stupid but i get really nervous driving outa town, with someone besides family in the car. Wish me luck. Maybe I wont do anything to embarass myself.

·
Registered
604 Posts
You know I feel the same way. I always feel weird with someone in the car. One time I was driving my friend home and it was awkward lol. I couldn't pay attention to the road.

Don't worry you'll be fine :). Good luck and pay attention to the road. Hope you have fun!

·
Banned
293 Posts
I get nervous too when I have to drive. Part of the reason is because I hate when people watch me do things. I feel like the passenger would be sitting there silently judging me as I drive.

I'm sure you'll do fine though. Good luck!

·
Registered
32 Posts
sounds like performance anxiety, in that you feel your friend will examine your actions and judge you to be found lacking. Maybe the solution is to have a supportive friend instead :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts