Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
SUS Member
11,075 Posts
I don't have this problem with food. I like trying new things, as long as it's not seafood, because I hate most seafood. I do have this problem with going new places. I don't like to travel, and I get a lot of anxiety about going to a store/house/building I've never been to before. Riding buses gives me anxiety, but it's way worse when I have to go someplace new and have to figure out the schedule, etc. Most of my problem with going new places has to do with my fear of violence. I feel like every new place is a potential deathtrap and I won't know the escape routes when **** goes down.

·
SUS Member
11,075 Posts
new music, new movies, new TV shows. I have a strong aversion to most things I'm unfamiliar with.
I'm the opposite when it comes to music, movies, books, etc. I'm constantly trying new things to see if I like them. I get bored of things really quickly. I never binge watch anything. I have a tough time watching two episodes of the same show back to back, let alone an entire season of a TV show, let alone all of the seasons. I'll watch an episode of one show one night, then an episode of a different show the next night, etc. I'm watching about 20 different shows right now. Same with books. I'm reading about 20 or so books, all in different genres. I almost never rewatch or reread stuff because I'd rather try something new.

Part of my problem with going new places might be that my parents never took us anywhere when I was growing up. My family never went on vacations. For me, a vacation has always meant staying home, not traveling.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.