Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Super Moderator
37,214 Posts
Bumping this because it is one of the very few references to this I've found in the search results here. It does seem to be a factor (for me at least) on my aversion to doing stuff.

LINK

Anyone else think this seems like it could be a factor in their SA?

·
Super Moderator
37,214 Posts
^ Yeah. I like trying new foods too and I find I will eat almost anything (and even enjoy it) but that wasn't always the case. When I was a young kid, I didn't eat much. The only thing I really liked was macaroni and cheese. I would often go long periods of time without eating because I seemed to hate everything that was offered to me. I don't know what that was about but that eventually went away. But it's probably the reason why I was never even close to overweight until I was well into my 30s.

But my brain nopes out of things like job interviews, going to new places, taking different routes than the ones I'm very familiar with, new music, new movies, new TV shows. I have a strong aversion to most things I'm unfamiliar with. There are some things I can progress in but they're few and it is pretty much random.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.