Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
You see I have a problem, a very big problem. My whole life socially has been EXACTLY the same thing. I mean EXACTLY the same. It goes like this...I meet a group of people, they think I'm cool. However about a month or so later that so called group of friends ditches me. It has been this way from elementary school all the up to college. I come from a very messed up bringing...as in my mother and father were both out of their minds(just know we were living on the streets for awhile ill spare the details). I have developed the social skills to appear normal(at first), but then eventually people start to realize how f*cked i am. It really sucks because I have never had a solid friends ever....what the ****! It pisses me off to see all these other people with their extravagant social lives, **** you. what have you done to deserve that?? NOTHING! i get screwed even more for having to put up with a rough start...life really is ****ty and meaningless.

·
SAS Member
4,385 Posts
Yeah, I agree it sucks and sometimes causes me to feel resentment and depression because of it. I've never had friends to hang out with in life either, ever. I feel as if I can only get to know them at an acquaintance level 99.9% of the time. During my years in grade school, whenever I attempted to get to know a person,which I hardly do now, they dissed me one month later and find someone else to hangout with. It's as if many of the people who I come across have this judgmental mentality. Once they feel as if I'm "boring" them with the topics I talk about, think I'm too quiet/socially awkward, etc..I get pushed aside. I really don't know what people want anymore.

Now as a freshman in college, I don't even have the guts to approach people anymore. I'm either too anxious or just avoid talking to them :|.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts