Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, I'll try to make this as quick as possible

Basically, my best friend and I live about 3 hours away from each other. She was staying at my house this weekend when I received a phone call from her aunt. My friend's father had passed away unexpectedly at the age of 56, and my mom and I were asked to tell my friend.

My mom and I didn't know how to react. We told her right away and as calmly as we could. We sat with her awhile while she cried and then gave her some alone time to talk to her mom on the phone, before we drove her back home in the most torturous silence I have ever experienced; none of us knew what to say. I know this isn't "social anxiety" related, but I just needed somewhere to put my feelings out there and hope that someone reads this and responds.

I've been texting her throughout the day, but I'm at a loss for what to say. Any kind words or advice would be appreciated more than I can put into words. I've been walking around all day feeling numb and on the verge of tears, even though I've only met her father a handful of times. Thanks everyone.

·
Introvert
232 Posts
sorry for the loss. im near zero experience for this kinds of things so if it were to happen to my bestfriend id probably say a consolation / message once , talking with someone in this situation is a bit hard so id give her some space to be alone for a bit coz im sure she'll need some alone time , then visit her with some food/gift & try to be there for her.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts