Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a couple of image editing software programs that I use, but I'm in the learning phase.

I use Adobe Photoshop LE and Microsoft Digital Image Suite. When I try to shrink a pic to a lower kb size, it becomes distorted and very fuzzy as you can see by my avatar.

What am I doing wrong? Any tips on how I can keep the clarity yet shrink the file size?

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

·
Old Fogie
419 Posts
It doesn't look so bad. But if you want better quality it can be improved.

1 - increase brightness
2 - increase contrast
3 - crop the image before you reduce the size.
4 - crop it so that it is square.
5 - It's a jpg image so you can adjust the image quality before you save it for the web. Adjusting the quality will affect the file size.

Step 3 is very important. And when you crop it, do it so that your subject (you) fills most of the picture area. 80 pixels is not much so you want to make the most of it.

The exact steps to do all that in Photoshop is a little too much for me to go into. But if you want me to I will do it for you. Just email your original to me. Or give me a link to the original. I enjoy doing stuff like that. :)

·
Registered
127 Posts
I use ArcSoft PhotoStudio. When I shrink an image, it usually gets fuzzy. The Sharpen Filter usually gives the image more clarity.

Btw, don't go by my current avatar 'cause it's intentionally fuzzy. :troll

1 - 3 of 3 Posts