Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Free ME!
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i find it hard enough to make and keep friends, let alone meeting someone off this site that felt like ditching me! talk about feeling **** about myself, i wish there was some kind of clone of me that i could just chill with all the time. haha if theres anyone from Melbourne, Australia reading this, hit me up :)

·
Registered
6 Posts
How are you travelling along, White Walls?

I know that feeling way too well. I used to have a large group of mates throughout my teen years but over the last 3 or so years life has been difficult and everyone has slowly flaked away. Wish it was different but what can you do ay?

·
Registered
4 Posts
I know how you feel. I honestly feel like I can't make a connection with anyone. I really don't have any friends to speak of. Just a couple people who are in namesake only my "friends" and they don't even notice if I don't message them for a while. I get the clone thing too. Sometimes I talk to myself in my head and try and make it seem like it's a different person speaking back to me giving me encouragement... My family is very supportive, but that isn't enough really you know? I wish there were more places online that offered a way where you could just meet up with a group of people and try and establish some friendships. Not girlfriends or boyfriends at all, because until you can get comfortable enough to have real friends, how can you ever survive in a relationship. Mine have all gone to rot very quickly because of massive anxiety attacks. I'm in Ontario Canada myself, I hope you make a few new friends soon from your area.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Sometimes I think friends are the meaning of life.

Here in Wisconsin, everyone is drunk, so there's plenty emotional currents beneath the jocks and farmers.

For every moment you have no one, you gain appreciation for human connection. We all need it biologically, I read somewhere.

·
Registered
3,653 Posts
Net friends can help, at least a bit. Any clubs or hobby groups you could join? Probably the easiest way for someone with SA to make friends

1 - 6 of 6 Posts