Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, this may not really be very serious.. But today, I'm being 'weird' again on facebook and I wanna post this message "Im happy that I've met you" to each of my friends that I'm thankful for. During the past months, I've met around 20 people, but I'm only close with 5-7 people. So, I've posted that message to them already, but I'm thinking if I should post it to the other ones? Because, they might see that I've posted that to my other friends and not them. That could show that I dont appreciate them and it may make us more awkward and distant from each other or something.

Also, Im thinking that if I post that to those that Im not really close with, it might also be a bit odd and awkward.. They might think "why? we're not that close" or something. Also, I see most of these people everyday, especially my roommates. Im not really close with them at all. If I post to them, then we see each other later today, that's gonna be a bit awkward.... -_-

On contrary, I just wanna be nice today that's why I'm also thinking of posting on their wall... So confused, please give me advice.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Just post it to the people who you feel happy to have met :) It's up to you if you post it to some people but not everyone. The people who you don't post to probably won't feel left out as you aren't that close to them. Also, you could post via private message so then no one would see the message apart from the recipient and that would eliminate the possibility of anyone else feeling left out :)

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I actually posted to walls instead of pming. Also, I remember last valentines, I also made a post about being thankful and what I did was just tag everyone including those that Im not close with. I guess I tagged them because they were nice to me at some point. So I said thank you. But today, it's all about being happy to have met, and honestly, I'm not really that happy for the others. Just so-so. I mean they were nice to me once or twice, but that's it.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i would say not to post it on the other peoples' walls...save yourself the awkwardness
When I did this last time, it was awkward at first, but then I recognize that my roommate, who wasnt very close to me, became nicer to me after that..

However, this one is a bit more awkward because im using the word "happy", instead of just "thankful" as I did before. Thankful is a more general word, plus I just tagged them collectively.... Hmm..

·
Gold Account User
377 Posts
The whole idea is awkward, its an unusual message to send and not the best one to start conversation. Also if you post the same message on peoples walls then it will be all over the newsfeed and will be embarrassing for you as everyone on your friends list will see you sent the same message to 7 different peoples walls etc. Why do you even want to send such a message and if you know you are acting wierd on facebook then why are you still continuing to do so?

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The whole idea is awkward, its an unusual message to send and not the best one to start conversation. Also if you post the same message on peoples walls then it will be all over the newsfeed and will be embarrassing for you as everyone on your friends list will see you sent the same message to 7 different peoples walls etc. Why do you even want to send such a message and if you know you are acting wierd on facebook then why are you still continuing to do so?
Well, Im doing this since today is the international day of happiness lol. I just wanna be nice today. Also, I remember one friend of mine did the same for valentines and posted "I love you" to everyone's wall and I really appreciated that. Also, I'm not really starting a long conversation, that's why I chose to post on wall intead of pming.

·
Perceptive Mind
84 Posts
Just post it to the people who you feel happy to have met :) It's up to you if you post it to some people but not everyone. The people who you don't post to probably won't feel left out as you aren't that close to them. Also, you could post via private message so then no one would see the message apart from the recipient and that would eliminate the possibility of anyone else feeling left out :)
:agree This!:yes

1 - 8 of 8 Posts