Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so I never thought I of all people would ever have a problem like this. So basically what happened is I met this girl online. this was about two months ago and we progressed from meeting online to texting to talking on the phone to skype. In this period of time she apparently fell in love with me. I've never had any girl show interest in me ever so I stupidly idiotically told her I love her back. It was a mistake but I can't take it back now because I kept building on this web of lies and kept telling her I love her.

But the truth is I feel no love for her. This girl is a cool person but she's just not my type. What makes me feel so bad is that none of this is her fault, it's all mine for not being truthful from the beginning. But now for my problem...

This girl lives almost 1200 miles from me, thats a 20 hour drive. I told her I'm not down to make that drive and now she's offering to buy me a ticket to fly down to visit her. What do I do? I don't want to go down there and I don't want to progress this relationship any further but I can't just come out of nowhere and say "Oh this whole time I really didn't love you and I don't want to come visit you." God never again will I do a long distance relationship. Never again.

·
Annoyed Kitty
2,076 Posts
It's only been 2 months. End it now before **** really hits the fan even worse later on. Definitely don't let her buy you a ticket to visit her. Just tell her the truth that you don't love her and you're not prepared for this long distance relationship and it's not what you're looking for or you don't see it working out...anything really.

If it was me, I would rather you end it than lie even longer.

·
Registered
331 Posts

·
Banned
8,934 Posts
One last thing...the "never again" should be about the lying, not LDRs. They have their challenges, but didn't cause your problem.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts