Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, hopefully someone will write me, because I need some advice.

The plot: I believe my father is a serial rapist (possibly murderer) who continues to abuse people. And he's a free man.

Repressed/forgotten memories: In the last couple months I've been remembering all sorts of things that happened that I had completely forgotten about. Such as: my childhood abuse, my father raping a woman, and various other disturbing events.

Goal: My father should not be a free man. He's a sadistic torturer and should be either imprisoned, or sent to a mental hospital.

Problem: I'm trapped in my mother's attic. I have no money, no means of escape, no social contact for years. I'm also emotionally unstable. Terrible anxiety. Bursts of random rage.

So what do I do now? I feel like I'm in a bad B movie, in a bizarre absurd situation. Maybe you, or someone else with anxiety problems can relate.

·
unashamed perv
1,786 Posts
Well done for making the first step by posting this and asking for advice. There are lots of organisations who can give you confidential help and advice. You need to contact the police and tell them your fears. They have people who are trained to be understanding and helpful towards abuse survivors. I understand you may not be ready to do this yet. Please tell me what country you're in - if you're in the UK, like me, I can give you phone numbers and addresses of organisations that can help you. If you're not, i'll see what I can do, and maybe another member of the forum will be able to help.

·
Banned
165 Posts
I'm sorry those things happened to you and you think they are continuing to happen to other people. Have you tried contacting a professional about this? Also I am a little confused, why are you stuck in your mom's attic?

Sorry I don't have a lot of advice, I hope things get better for you!!!

·
Registered
303 Posts
You did the right thing by coming forward. Madison_Rose is right, if you don't no where to turn you should try contacting your local police. They may not be able to do much, (it would depend on many factors like, how long ago this stuff happened, and wether there's any evidence), but they could at least point you to any people/agencies in your area that could help you in someway. You never know you might have information that could help the police with ongoing or unsolved cases.

Good Luck

·
Banned
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi all, thanks for replying. I'm in the USA, in Illinois.

These things occurred around 15-20 years ago. Police records exist for some of my father's assaults, but I can't find them online. I'll need to contact relatives, especially relatives of my father's current wife, whose home schooled & years behind daughter I fear is being abused just as I was. However I'm wary of contacting relatives for fear that word will reach my father and he will destroy or hide evidence. I believe he has audio tapes of rapes that would provide damning evidence.

I'm trapped in this attic because I don't have any money, nor do I know how to make any money. I don't have a bank account. I've asked my mother for money but she will not give me any. I'm supposed to find work...somehow but without a car, bank account, references, friends, etc. I would sell things online if only I could open an account. My mother is a former prostitute and lacks good reasoning ability and compassion.

Homelessness actually seems an improvement. I have fairly advanced engineering knowledge and used it to construct a kart-like vehicle, a gasifier, and other machines with the aim of avoiding the police while traveling somewhere. I don't have any valid identification. I calculated that I could not carry sufficient food & water to walk long distances, hence the motorized kart. I was previously planning to join an ecovillage or something. But now I think my father must be dealt with.

Going to the police? What would they do? Police botched at least one rape case against my father nearly 20 years ago. I think the police would be more likely to harm me. If the police contacted my father, he would likely hide all evidence.

Thanks for your attention. As you see I'm in an absurd situation. It would be good to have more friends.

·
Registered
303 Posts
If you want to sell something over the internet what you have to do is open a bank account (you only need like 10 bucks) then create a pay-pal account that's linked to it.

edit: You would probably need id for a bank account, but there must be a way to get some.

Also the police may still have a copy of any records on your father.

Again I would suggest you try to contact someone if not the police than maybe some sort of social services type agency in you area, you need to get help from some one who knows what to do in your situation.

·
Banned
177,223 Posts
Hey anomal2 welcome. :)

·
Registered
154,233 Posts
Welcome, Anomal2! :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts