Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm going for an appointment on Monday and I was planning to ask my doc for Xanax or another benzo to help with my anxiety, but I don't want to come off as like a drug seeker, because I'm not. The reason I want to get a script for Xanax is because I was on Klonopin for about 2 years and it helped my anxiety, but its effects wore off over time. I thought it would be better to just wean off and try something else less short-term, but it didn't work out. So now I think I want to try another benzo. Should I just ask straight up?

·
immortal in the making
820 Posts
i think so. i pretty much did. and i had the same fear of coming across as a "druggie". but at the end of the day, it's about your health and wellbeing, and if you have already done research into things you want to try to help you get better, then that's a positive thing which i'm sure your doctor will see.
just make sure to explain what you know, what u've tried and what you want to achieve and i'm sure that the doc will be greatfull and discuss all that needs to be, then *pop* u'll be out with your best option (if it's not what you first had in mind)

·
Banned
642 Posts
Depends on the relationship you have with your doctor. But the best way to get a benzo and avoid doctors taking you down the SSRI path is to mention you get panic attacks. Tell the doctor that you have taken Klonopin successfully in the past to treat this. All benzos are pretty much the same thing. If he wants to give you Klonopin, just say: "would you mind prescrbing Xanax because I hear it works faster and doesn't last as long as klonopin"

Good Day

1 - 3 of 3 Posts