Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I get up to go to work, drop my Foster Child off at school, go to work and help students learn in an Educational setting; dealing with their Mental Health issues, behaviors and everything else an inclusive school offers.

Most days I love my job and generally get along well with most people at work. I also enjoy being a Foster parent and a boyfriend.

But after work my entire life comes to a grinding painful halt. My girlfriend gets home at 10:00 at night, so from three until ten I just do the best I can hour to hour.

I have the same problems meeting and keeping friends that seems to have been posted a million time on this site.

I know the chances are really slim to meet someone off here but please allow me to say I am not looking for anything more then friendship.

·
Permanently Baned
2,594 Posts
Send me a PM if you would like to talk. I have no answers to the above except that I also hate the daily grind and getting up to force myself to take left turns onto oncoming traffic just to sell out to fabricated lifestyles.

Keep friends = Not worried about it. Friends will come and go and people will get busy or succumb to something. Just hope to be unscathed enough to form an SA 100s of thousandaire's club.

Here's to logging on a few years on the SA sanctuary.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I really want to say thank you for replying,

But in my case, I can't remember the last time I left my home for a social outing with someone I considered a friend....5 years maybe. Over a lengthy period I have had lots of on-line friends but at this point I need some face to face human interaction.

Thank you though,

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
My definition of a girlfriend could easily be someone that uses you for money.

Very recently just realized 9,000 taken from one of my accounts and she doesn't want to talk about it. I reply it is ok honey we will get through this.

The price of thinking I'm not alone is massing to quite the amount,

·
Permanently Baned
2,594 Posts

Very recently just realized 9,000 taken from one of my accounts and she doesn't want to talk about it. I reply it is ok honey we will get through this.

Dude, that's want happened to me too. A former girlfriend went all out identity theft on me. She spent about $70k under my name, social, address, and birthday before I realized it (I had been on Paxil for 3 years at the time and thought nothing really matters and didn't even care that it happened).

I don't want to turn your thread into a let's hate materialistic girlfriend's thread, but I can probably relate to you, and obviously there are various supportive people around here.

(P.S. Found out my former girlfriend loved money more than people and was a stripper. I continued to want to help her after the fact in my stupid naive way, but she would have cold-bloodedly destroyed me in the process).

·
Banned
1,634 Posts
Address the girlfriend problem before finding a friend maybe...considered counselling?

·
Human
28 Posts

Dude, that's want happened to me too. A former girlfriend went all out identity theft on me. She spent about $70k under my name, social, address, and birthday before I realized it (I had been on Paxil for 3 years at the time and thought nothing really matters and didn't even care that it happened).

I don't want to turn your thread into a let's hate materialistic girlfriend's thread, but I can probably relate to you, and obviously there are various supportive people around here.

(P.S. Found out my former girlfriend loved money more than people and was a stripper. I continued to want to help her after the fact in my stupid naive way, but she would have cold-bloodedly destroyed me in the process).
It makes me angry to hear of people taking advantage of other people this way, don't just accept it - you can do better! There are women out there (like me ;) ) who just want a good man and don't want to steal from him - don't settle for someone who does that to you, you deserve more than that, whether you realize it or not.

·
Permanently Baned
2,594 Posts
It makes me angry to hear of people taking advantage of other people this way, don't just accept it - you can do better! There are women out there (like me ;) ) who just want a good man and don't want to steal from him - don't settle for someone who does that to you, you deserve more than that, whether you realize it or not.
HyperActive mentioned a Foster child, so wonder if his may be more complex with the significant other (similar to marriage with children). Nature (or God or whatever) may have to take its course.

Mine was probably different. I had to simply escape for my life as I was getting destroyed. I later found out after the painful breakup and doing my research that she had a habit of dating guys and asking them to buy her jewelry and cars (BMW/Mercedes) and stuff. I paid her cell phone bill for a while and contacted one of her Ex-BFs, and he was a 6+ft tall muscular dude with tattoos that I would never want to fight, but she had somehow reduced him to a depressed shell of himself after he had nothing left and lost his job over her. I reached other former BFs too, and they all seemed scared or passsionately angry with her. One Ex-BF swore that if she were ever to get married, he would show up to her wedding do something violent to her. Glad I cut my loses in the mess.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I need a friend too. I'm happily married and have a son (has severe autism). I have one real confidant in my life, which is really great, but I would love to have another one or two people in my life.

I've gone through my failed friendships one by one and came to certain conclusions as to why they ended. I think, in general, I'm a little too negative, I disclose personal info too fast, and push the relationships too fast. At least I know what I do wrong so that I can choose another route next time.

I think these forums are great practice at relationships. How people are reacting to me can give me further clues so I can learn techniques and have successful friendships in the future. If people react negatively, then I know I need to look further at how I relate to others. If they react positively, keep going in that direction with, maybe, a little tweaking here and there.

So, you're not alone in needing a friend!:)

·
Banned
1,634 Posts
Fireflies
Seems like you have the self-awareness to develop positive relationships with anyone you choose!

·
Registered
74 Posts
Fireflies
Seems like you have the self-awareness to develop positive relationships with anyone you choose!
Thanks Humourless. Well, I have some self-awareness, but apparently not enough to make and keep a good friend. I'm working on it!:)

·
Pushing my own limits
78 Posts
I need a friend or a few friends too. I've been married for almost 20 years. My husband and I still a loving couple but I need to be brave and ask for someone else to talk to other than him.

·
Permanently Baned
2,594 Posts
I need a friend or a few friends too. I've been married for almost 20 years. My husband and I still a loving couple but I need to be brave and ask for someone else to talk to other than him.
Admire your brave courage. This is indeed the correct section where people write complete sentences and have written formal correspondence.

Folks have been very supportive. Take care.

·
Banned
1,634 Posts
I'd like to echo caveman's post. Talk to us. We are here to support each other.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts