Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
biggest trade in nba history:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=2122976

miami heat got a lot of good players but how will they mesh?
jason williams and dwayne wade? i know that wont work
james posey is a nice player but i doubt he's the caliber of eddie jones (even in his old state)
antwan walker - who knows how he and shaq will mesh......
this trade make the heat look exactly like the 97 lakers:

shaq
kobe
van exel
jones
campbell
etc.

lots of talent but will they win?

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
Shaq was already disapointed that he wasn't getting a lot of shots in the Eastern finals, and my real question is, are there enough balls to go around?

Eddie Jones was a pretty big loss as far a defense goes, and Im not sure Jason Williams was such a great idea. He's might cut into Dwayne Wade's playing time, and he might also cut in D-Wade taking it up the court, which I don;t think is a good idea, just because he's so explosive and creates shots for his teammates.

I think Posey is a real good bench player, he can shoot and rebound, and he plays pretty good d.

On paper, it looks like a good trade, but until the season, who knows> I think some of the big questions are: Can Shaq and Toine share the ball? Can JWill and Dwayne Wade coexist, and if put into a bench role, will Jwill be happy with it?

·
Registered
186 Posts
As long as Antoine can focus on defense and play scrappy offense (i.e whatever comes his way), then the Heat look in good shape.

^Never gonna happen :no

·
Registered
249 Posts
eddie jones was pretty weak for the heat. I think walker can take his place nicely. James Posey can certainly contribute more then haslem. White chocolate is someone they could do without, but if they dont resign damon jones then he will definatly work for the heat.

I like the trade. You gotta remember that you dont need chemestry when you have shaq. You just need 4 guys that can pass him the ball.

G

·
i dont want to question your knowledge of the nba...but if you think about it..it would be good for the heat...if they get steve nash and kobe bryant...

can you imagine? their starters would be shaquille oneil, dwayne wade, antoine walker, steve nash and kobe bryant? theyll be unstoppable man! u know im saying bro?

·
Registered
249 Posts
ronaldkia said:
i dont want to question your knowledge of the nba...but if you think about it..it would be good for the heat...if they get steve nash and kobe bryant...

can you imagine? their starters would be shaquille oneil, dwayne wade, antoine walker, steve nash and kobe bryant? theyll be unstoppable man! u know im saying bro?
lol...well played

G

·
i dont think you people understand me clearly...i know what an nba fantasy leaque..and thats not waht im talking about...im saying in the real NBA! the real thing! if the Heat added Kobe Bryant and Steve Nash in a TRADE...it would be much better for them....they could then content with the other elite teams of the nba like the spurs and the pistons....but if the spurs traded tim duncan...then the Spurs would no longer be a good contender.

G

·
listen slicknick, i dont know where your coming from okay...but think about it...if the heat traded oneil....to the raptors..and got Matt Bonner in return..now we wouldnt say thats a good deal right? because financially...shaq is worth more then Bonner right? but if the Heat traded Shaq to the Suns or Lakers...then financially they could get any other player they want.....

Now then...they could bring Steve Nash/ Kobe Bryant and maybe even Tim Duncan to their lineup.....and could afford to pay everyone. do you know what i mean? some people in here dont have a whole lot of sens in them

·
Registered
706 Posts
For the life of me I can't tell if this a joke that's gotten out of hand or what.

·
Registered
98 Posts
ronaldkia said:
i dont think you people understand me clearly...i know what an nba fantasy leaque..and thats not waht im talking about...im saying in the real NBA! the real thing! if the Heat added Kobe Bryant and Steve Nash in a TRADE...it would be much better for them....they could then content with the other elite teams of the nba like the spurs and the pistons....but if the spurs traded tim duncan...then the Spurs would no longer be a good contender.
You're not being realistic at all. The ONLY way the Heat can acquire Kobe Bryant in trade is if they give up Dwayne Wade, Antoine Walker, and a few scrubs. Even so, I don't think Jerry Buss will bite on this offer. And who do you propose they trade away for Nash? Jason Williams? lol. You gotta be kidding me.

·
Registered
98 Posts
rb27 said:
For the life of me I can't tell if this a joke that's gotten out of hand or what.
Here's what I propose the Lakers do (since I'm from L.A.): acquire Kevin Garnett for Lamar Odom; trade boy wonder Luke Walton to the Nets for Jason Kidd; give up Mr. Kwame "put-me-on-the-injury-list-because-I-have-facial-acne" Brown for Tim Duncan; and last but not least, trade the incredible pig-snouted Devean George for Tracy MacGrady.

Resulting starting line-up.
C: Tim Duncan
PF: Kevin Garnett
SF: T-Mac
SG: Kobe Bryant
PG: Jason Kidd

That should put us in contention for the championship (I think) .

·
Registered
198 Posts
So you think there starting line-up could be.
1- Steve Nash
2- Dwanye Wade
3- Kobe Bryant
4- Tim Duncan
5- Shaq

this is wrong on so many levels.

First its like saying... why dont the 49ers trade for peyton manning, T.O., Randy Moss, Ladainian Tomlinson, Ed Reed, Champ Bailey...ect ect... with unlimited unrealistic trades any team could be successful.

Shaq wont play with kobe.

Wade And kobe both cant play at the same time. Neither can defend a large Small Forward.

What happens when everyone wants to shoot the ball 20 times a game.

I could go on all day but that is the very least of what is wrong with that idea

·
Registered
98 Posts
slicknick said:
^ummmmm.....are u sure that Ronald hasn't hacked into ur pc and wrote that unreasonable scenario? :b
I guess sarcasm doesn't transfer well over the internet. I should've attached a :troll at the end of my post.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts